- 125 g dates
- 125 g currants
- 125 g sultanas
- 125 g raisins
- 60 g Butter, or vegan margarine
- 130 g brown sugar
- 420 g water, (or milk if you prefer)
- 80 g brandy
- 1 teaspoon Bi-carbonate of Soda, rounded
- 260 g SR flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or mixed spice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add dates to mixing bowl and turbo for 2 seconds.
Add remaining dried fruit, butter (or margarine), water (or milk) and brandy.
Cook for 10 minutes on 100 degrees Reverse, speed 1.5
Add bi-carb soda and sugar and stir with spatula. Allow to cool to 60 degrees.
Add flour, vanilla and spices. Incorporate with spatula, then mix on Reverse for 20 seconds, speed 3.
Pour into greased pudding basin, secure lid and steam in a large pan of boiling water for 3 hours. Top up with boiling water regularly so that it doesn't boil dry.
Enjoy with your choices of brandy sauce, cream and/or icecream.
I make this well in advance, wrap in cling wrap, put back into my pudding steamer and freeze until Christmas. Then on Christmas day I take it out of the cling wrap, put back into the steamer and reheat by steaming for another hour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Cherry ripe ice-cream slice
- Creamy Vanilla Ice-cream
- Nutella chocolate mousse
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Sweet tart cases
- Chermoula chicken with quinoa and lentil salad
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Tropical florentines
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Flourless refined sugar free chocolate cake
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Clone of Strawberry Tart with Basil Sugar - Vegan
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)
- Bavarian Cream
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath