- 24 medjool dates pitted
- 3/4 --- Rum, (Cup)
- 200 g Raw almonds, skin on
- 100 g macadamias
- 100 g Shredded coconut, (Extra for dusting/rolling)
- 50 g Raw Cacao, (Extra for dusting/rolling)
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
In a bowl, tear in half pitted dates. If not already pitted remove seed as you tear in half.
Pour rum over dates, cover and store somewhere dark and cool. i.e. Cupboard
Leave overnight for best results, otherwise you can go straight to next step.
Ready your bowls or trays with the extra cacao in one and coconut in the other. Set aside.
Have a container with a lid ready to hold completed mixture. (1/2 litre capacity)
In TM bowl weigh in almonds, macadamias and coconut then for 10sec/speed 7 mill together until coarse sand like consistency. Pour into container.
In TM bowl add the rum soaked dates, blend for 10sec/speed 6, scrape down sides and blend again for 10sec/speed 5.5.
Add to the date paste about 3/4 of the dry mix and the cacao mix for 10sec/speed 5.5, scrape down sides and add remaining dry mix and mix for 10sec/speed 6.
Pour mixture into container with lid and refrigerate for 1 hour.
I prefer to leave refrigerated over night to easier rolling.
Take teaspoon sized amounts, roll into balls and roll half of the mixture into coconut and the other into the cacao.
Enjoy, keep refrigerated.
Prepare and soak dates
Mixture can be made ahead of time then rolled as you need.
Use as much or as little of the rum to taste, I like mine strong.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Ginger Bear Cocktail
- Chocolate Apricot Slice
- Choc Protein Rum Ball Recipe
- Christmas Cake
- Sweet Potato Pudding (healthy version of plum pudding)
- Frozen Mojito Cocktail
- Vegan orange and rum truffles
- El Burro Cocktail
- Far Breton (bake-custard from Brittany, France)
- Cherry Clafoutis (Cherry Batter Pudding)
- German Marble Cake