- 350 grams apples, cored and quartered, eg Granny smith (3 large or 4 smaller)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g grams water, Approx
- 30 grams almonds
- 80 gram Walnuts (or pecans)
- 20 gram Desiccated Coconut, Try to source without preservatives
- 40 gram oats, (or gluten free oats for gluten free)
- 50 gram Raw Honey
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160C
Place apples in Thermomix, sprinkle with cinnamon and add water. Cook for 10 minutes, 90C Reverse + Speed 2. Add another 2 minutes if they need to soften more.
Once the apples are cooked you have 2 options. You can drain some excess liquid, or leave it in. Then chop apples to desired consistency - don't process at all for chunkier texture, or blend for 10 seconds or Speed 5 to puree more. But it depends on how cooked they are, thickness of slices etc, and if you like more pureed then bump up the speed and add some extra time - watch through lid until you are happy. Add to oven proof dish (this just makes about 6 servings)
Chop almonds for 2 short seconds Speed 5
Add walnuts. Chop another 2 seconds Speed 5. Check consistency and chop a second or 2 longer if a finer crumble is desired.
Add coconut, oats and drizzle honey evenly around the top of ingredients. Combine for about 20 Seconds, Reverse + Speed 3.
Add crumble to top of apples
Cook in oven for about 15 - 20 minutes until gently browning.
Serve with Vanilla Custard from Everyday Cookbook or homemade Icecream! Yummy!
It is healthy as a breakfast or snack as well (I even eat it with some milk for breakfast, but that may be weird for some!!)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Cherry ripe ice-cream slice
- Creamy Vanilla Ice-cream
- Nutella chocolate mousse
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- LS Spelt Bread
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies