- 350 grams apples, cored and quartered, eg Granny smith (3 large or 4 smaller)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g grams water, Approx
- 30 grams almonds
- 80 gram Walnuts (or pecans)
- 20 gram Desiccated Coconut, Try to source without preservatives
- 40 gram oats, (or gluten free oats for gluten free)
- 50 gram Raw Honey
35minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 20min
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160C
Place apples in Thermomix, sprinkle with cinnamon and add water. Cook for 10 minutes, 90C Reverse + Speed 2. Add another 2 minutes if they need to soften more.
Once the apples are cooked you have 2 options. You can drain some excess liquid, or leave it in. Then chop apples to desired consistency - don't process at all for chunkier texture, or blend for 10 seconds or Speed 5 to puree more. But it depends on how cooked they are, thickness of slices etc, and if you like more pureed then bump up the speed and add some extra time - watch through lid until you are happy. Add to oven proof dish (this just makes about 6 servings)
Chop almonds for 2 short seconds Speed 5
Add walnuts. Chop another 2 seconds Speed 5. Check consistency and chop a second or 2 longer if a finer crumble is desired.
Add coconut, oats and drizzle honey evenly around the top of ingredients. Combine for about 20 Seconds, Reverse + Speed 3.
Add crumble to top of apples
Cook in oven for about 15 - 20 minutes until gently browning.
Serve with Vanilla Custard from Everyday Cookbook or homemade Icecream! Yummy!
It is healthy as a breakfast or snack as well (I even eat it with some milk for breakfast, but that may be weird for some!!)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bec's Brownies
- Berry Shortcake
- Kickin' Choc orange sauce
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- COCONUT HEALTH BALLS
- Grainfree Waffles
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Caribbean Carrot Cake Variant
- Vegan orange and rum truffles
- Brown sugar meringues
- QUICK Chocolate Ice Cream
- Creamy red capsicum & cauliflower soup with goats cheese
- Pizza Rolls
- DAD's Steak and Mushroom pies
- Italian Style Chunky Pasta Sauce
- Cauliflower-pumpkin pasta sauce
- Osso Bucco
- Hot (Cross) Buns Grain, Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar FREE
- Diabetic Friendly Date and Chocolate Brownies
- Diabetic Friendly Banana and Fig Bread
- Spaghetti Bolognese - Diabetic Friendly
- Beetroot & Red Onion Balsamic Relish
- Vegan All-Purpose Cheese Sauce from @ohsheglows