- 250 g pure icing sugar, (1 1/2cups)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp glucose syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- gel food colour
- Prepare four baking trays with parchment paper, set aside. (I used two trays & rotated the first batch in the oven).
- Place the icing sugar in the bowl 3 seconds/speed 4. To remove any lumps, remove around 2/3 of the icing sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and Insert butterfly. Add cornflour, glucose syrup, water & vanilla essence.
- While mixing at 2 minutes/speed 4, spoon in the remaining sugar. If the mixture becomes to thick for the blades, stop immediately, remove butterfly, add a drop of water and continue until all the sugar is in.
- Place icing mixture into a piping bag with a small round tip (#4). I wouldn’t recommend a ziplock bag as it tends to burst.
- **It requires patience and a strong hand. I switched hands every few strokes and took a two hour break in between piping**
(Just cover your icing tip in glad wrap).
Royal icing (egg free)
Homemade “speckled” sprinkles
Accessories you need
When chopping down to size, be mindful of how you wish to use these sprinkles.
The size I made were perfect for cookies.
However the larger “speckled” sprinkles sunk in my funfetti cake. They performed much better when resized to around 2mm pieces
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- Raw Lemon Slice
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- CARAMEL GINGER FUDGE
- Strawberry Bliss Balls
- Caramel Hemp Protein Balls
- Dans frozen treats Variation Frozen Mango Bars...
- Dans Nuts. Doughnuts that is. Variation Jam Ball Donuts.
- Dairy and Egg free Chocolate Custard
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies
- Lemon Drop Cookies (sugar free | egg yolk cookies)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (sugar free)
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (sugar free)
- Apple & Sultana Cookies (sugar free)
- Carrot and Zucchini Cookies (sugar free)
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Choc Chip Cookie balls
- Peach & Coconut milk rice pudding (Baby Food)
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup