- 100 g raw almonds
- 440 g plain flour
- 100 g brown sugar
- 10 g baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250 g Butter, chilled and chopped
- 800 g ricotta cheese
- 210 g sugar
- 270 g slivered almonds
- 60 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons Rum
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place raw almonds into TM bowl. Mill 8-10 secs / Speed 7.
Add plain flour, brown sugar and baking powder to almond meal. Mix dry ingredients 5-8 secs / Speed 4.
Add vanilla, egg and butter. Mix 5 secs / Speed 8 until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Set aside in another bowl and chill in fridge.
Add chocolate to clean TM bowl. Chop 2 secs / speed 7. Set aside.
Add sugar to clean TM bowl. Blend for 3 secs / Speed 9 to make caster sugar.
Add ricotta and rum to sugar. Mix 10 secs / Speed 6.
Add slivered almonds and reserved chocolate. Mix for 8-10 secs on Reverse / Speed 3. Aid mixing with spatula.
Place half the chilled base mixture to a greased and lined round cake tin and press into the tin to form the base of the cheesecake.
Spread ricotta filling onto base. Smooth surface with spatula.
Sprinkle more of the base mixture onto top of ricotta filling as a crumble topping.
Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 1 hour.
Cool or refrigerate before serving.
Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
The recipe makes a lot of base mixture. This enables you to make the base and the crumble topping as thick as you like. I tend to have plenty left over - enough to make a base for another cheesecake. You can freeze the leftover base mixture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Apricot & Date Balls
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Nut butter Porridge
- Plum jam with apple
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake