- 150 g raw sugar
- 520 g plain flour
- 10 g dry yeast
- pinch salt
- 250 g Milk
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying, (approx 750g)
- 200 g jam of choice
Mill sugar sp10/5secs. Set aside in a small bowl.
Add flour, 50g reserved sugar, yeast & salt and mix sp6/6secs. Set aside in a different bowl than reserved sugar.
Add butter and melt 2mins/60degrees/sp2. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add milk and heat 2mins/60degrees/sp2.
Add egg and mix sp4/5secs.
Add flour mixture and mix sp6/10secs.
Knead dough 3mins//.
Knock down dough and knead by hand for 1min.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan.
Roll out dough to 1cm thick and use a 6cm cookie cutter to make circles. Put circle rounds on a lined tray.
Cook in batches of 3-4, for 2-3mins on each side or until golden. use a slotted spoon to remove excess oil from cooked doughnuts.
Put onto absorbant paper to remove excess oil. Make a hole in the side of the doughnut and pipe jam into them. Coat with reserved castor sugar whilst still warm.
These can be plain and cover with a cinnamon sugar. Add 1tsp ground cinnamon to the reserved sugar. More or less cinnamon can be used depending on your tastes. It would also taste nice by using a chia spice mix with the castor sugar.
I have made these into puffs by rolling out dough to 2mm thick and then frying. They still taste yum.
When kneading for the 2nd time you could put back into your TMX bowl and knead it for 30secs. I didn't as I didnt want to get my bowl dirty again. It was easy enough to do it by hand for a short time.
This recipe has been adpated from the magazine - Woolworths Fresh May 2015 edition p43.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- The Best Buffalo wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Twix Bar (Dairy, Gluten, Egg, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan)
- Almost 'Mcvities Digestive Biscuits'
- Almost fail proof crackers (Dairy, egg, nut free)
- Dairy & Egg Free Doughnuts
- Argentinean Spinach Croquettes (Gluten Free)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls(Refined sugar free, dairy & egg free)
- Fool proof 15min Jam
- Coconut Syrup
- Dairy Free Puff Pastry
- Dairy Free Brioche Dough
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Protein bars
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins