- 60 g white sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 130 g Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 180 g coconut milk
- 1000 g water
- 170 g caster sugar
- 15 g water
- 60 g g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- dessicated coconut, toasted or untoasted, to garnish
Place 12 silicone cupcake moulds into Varoma dish and onto Varoma tray, then set Varoma aside.
Place sugar and lemon zest into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9.
Add butter and mix 8 sec/speed 5.
Add eggs, egg yolk, self-raising flour and coconut milk and mix 8 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then mix a further 4 sec/speed 5. Fill cupcake moulds half-way, then set Varoma aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place water into mixing bowl. Set Varoma with cupcakes into position and steam 22 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove cupcakes and allow to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place all syrup ingredients, except desiccated coconut, into mixing bowl and cook 3 min/90°C/speed 2. Pour hot syrup over puddings, garnish with coconut and serve.
Citrus Dessert Syrup
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Varoma cooking class. This recipe is suitable for TM31 and TM5.
Gluten free option: replace self-raising flour with 100 g almonds and 85 g coconut. Place almonds and coconut into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 7. Add 20 g cornflour in step 3 with the eggs. Proceed as per recipe. Steaming time in step 4 may need to be extended by up to 5 minutes.
Jam pudding: Place ½ -1 tsp jam into the bottom of each mould before adding cupcake batter. Proceed as per recipe.
Other users also liked...
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Cherry ripe ice-cream slice
- Creamy Vanilla Ice-cream
- Nutella chocolate mousse
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath