- 60 g white sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 130 g Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 180 g coconut milk
- 1000 g water
- 170 g caster sugar
- 15 g water
- 60 g g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- dessicated coconut, toasted or untoasted, to garnish
Place 12 silicone cupcake moulds into Varoma dish and onto Varoma tray, then set Varoma aside.
Place sugar and lemon zest into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9.
Add butter and mix 8 sec/speed 5.
Add eggs, egg yolk, self-raising flour and coconut milk and mix 8 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then mix a further 4 sec/speed 5. Fill cupcake moulds half-way, then set Varoma aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place water into mixing bowl. Set Varoma with cupcakes into position and steam 22 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove cupcakes and allow to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place all syrup ingredients, except desiccated coconut, into mixing bowl and cook 3 min/90°C/speed 2. Pour hot syrup over puddings, garnish with coconut and serve.
Citrus Dessert Syrup
Accessories you need
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Varoma cooking class. This recipe is suitable for TM31 and TM5.
Gluten free option: replace self-raising flour with 100 g almonds and 85 g coconut. Place almonds and coconut into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 7. Add 20 g cornflour in step 3 with the eggs. Proceed as per recipe. Steaming time in step 4 may need to be extended by up to 5 minutes.
Jam pudding: Place ½ -1 tsp jam into the bottom of each mould before adding cupcake batter. Proceed as per recipe.
Other users also liked...
- Weetbix and fruit balls
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- THERMOMUMMA STEWED APPLE
- Apple Crumble
- Apple or Pear Rissotto (failsafe variables)
- Purini Mamaoa - Steamed Pudding
- Malva Pudding
- (NO CHURN)...... SMOOTH CREAMY - VANILLA ICECREAM
- Cherry Ripe Icecream
- Rainbow Ice-Cream Thermomix
- No bake cheesecake
- Date and Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Carrot, Maple and Sultana Muffins
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
- Thai flavoured Pumpkin soup
- Vi's lemon curd crumble muffins
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Miso suace
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Milo Biscuits Variation
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake