- 60 g white sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 130 g Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 180 g coconut milk
- 1000 g water
- 170 g caster sugar
- 15 g water
- 60 g g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- dessicated coconut, toasted or untoasted, to garnish
Place 12 silicone cupcake moulds into Varoma dish and onto Varoma tray, then set Varoma aside.
Place sugar and lemon zest into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9.
Add butter and mix 8 sec/speed 5.
Add eggs, egg yolk, self-raising flour and coconut milk and mix 8 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then mix a further 4 sec/speed 5. Fill cupcake moulds half-way, then set Varoma aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place water into mixing bowl. Set Varoma with cupcakes into position and steam 22 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove cupcakes and allow to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place all syrup ingredients, except desiccated coconut, into mixing bowl and cook 3 min/90°C/speed 2. Pour hot syrup over puddings, garnish with coconut and serve.
Citrus Dessert Syrup
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Varoma cooking class. This recipe is suitable for TM31 and TM5.
Gluten free option: replace self-raising flour with 100 g almonds and 85 g coconut. Place almonds and coconut into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 7. Add 20 g cornflour in step 3 with the eggs. Proceed as per recipe. Steaming time in step 4 may need to be extended by up to 5 minutes.
Jam pudding: Place ½ -1 tsp jam into the bottom of each mould before adding cupcake batter. Proceed as per recipe.
Other users also liked...
- PINEAPPLE DOUGHNUTS
- DATE CRESCENT
- Easter chocolate egg nests
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen