- 200 g warm water, (preferably sparkling water)
- 1 sachet dried yeast, 7 g
- 300 g Butter
- 420 g plain flour
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 200 g Demerara sugar, or raw sugar
8Recipe is created for
1. Combine warm water and yeast in a bowl. Set aside to allow a layer of foam to form, approximately 15 minutes.
2. Melt butter in TM bowl for 2 minutes at 60C on speed 3.
3. Add flour, salt, eggs and yeast mixture to TM bowl and mix for 1 minute on speed 6.
4. Set dial to closed lid position for 5 minutes on Interval speed.
5. Place the TM bowl with the lid on, in the sun or in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until risen slightly.
6. Return bowl to the TM. Select closed lid position for 1 minute on kneading/dough function. While mixing, gradually pour sugar through MC hole, using the spatula to assist the process. You may notice some of the sugar is not mixed in, that is fine, as this will help form a toffee like layer through the waffle when cooked.
7. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
8. Heat the waffle iron. Drop a generous tablespoon of mixture onto each section of the waffle iron, and cook until well browned.
9. Serve Liege Waffles warm with fresh or stewed fruit, and/or maple syrup and ice cream.
Accessories you need
A griddle press can be used in place of a waffle iron.
The mixture is best used on the day it is made.
Cooked waffles can be sealed and frozen when cooled, and reheated in a toaster.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry Coconut Dessert Bowl
- Mango ice cream, sugar free and dairy free
- Protein banana ice cream
- Easy Vanilla Icecream
- Chocolate summer cups
- Dairy Free Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars
- Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake with Raspberry Jelly
- Vegan Choc Orange Bliss Balls (GF)
- Vegan Choc Mint Bliss Balls (GF)
- Vegan Banana Protein Pancakes
- Nutella Fudge
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- double choc muffins
- Tomato sausage pasta
- Plum Cobbler
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Coconut Biscuits - Gluten free, Sugar free
- lchf savoury muffins (sam wood)