- 200 g warm water, (preferably sparkling water)
- 1 sachet dried yeast, 7 g
- 300 g Butter
- 420 g plain flour
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 200 g Demerara sugar, or raw sugar
1. Combine warm water and yeast in a bowl. Set aside to allow a layer of foam to form, approximately 15 minutes.
2. Melt butter in TM bowl for 2 minutes at 60C on speed 3.
3. Add flour, salt, eggs and yeast mixture to TM bowl and mix for 1 minute on speed 6.
4. Set dial to closed lid position for 5 minutes on Interval speed.
5. Place the TM bowl with the lid on, in the sun or in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until risen slightly.
6. Return bowl to the TM. Select closed lid position for 1 minute on kneading/dough function. While mixing, gradually pour sugar through MC hole, using the spatula to assist the process. You may notice some of the sugar is not mixed in, that is fine, as this will help form a toffee like layer through the waffle when cooked.
7. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
8. Heat the waffle iron. Drop a generous tablespoon of mixture onto each section of the waffle iron, and cook until well browned.
9. Serve Liege Waffles warm with fresh or stewed fruit, and/or maple syrup and ice cream.
Accessories you need
A griddle press can be used in place of a waffle iron.
The mixture is best used on the day it is made.
Cooked waffles can be sealed and frozen when cooled, and reheated in a toaster.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Raspberry Nice Cream Smoothie Bowl
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Fluffy Banana Pancakes - No added sugar
- Sooji halwa
- Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- lchf lime cheesecake tarts
- Brazen berry blissballs
- Coconut Rice Pudding
- Protein balls
- Maple Nut Clusters
- Raw Caramel Slice
- Chocolate Peanut Butter OMG slice
- Orange Essential Fudge
- Gluten Free Sweet Chili & Cheese Muffins
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- Nanna's Pasties
- Pork Bun
- Cheesecake Brownie
- Orange Waffles
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Nut and Muesli Slice
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- swiss slice (shortbread)
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF