- 30 g plain flour
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 20 g raw macadamia nuts
- 200 g coconut cream
- 50 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 150 g lychee juice (drained from 560 g can lychees in syrup)
- 400 g mangoes (approx. 2 mangoes), flesh only, cut into pieces
- 100 g canned lychees, drained
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray (20 x 30 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place all crumble ingredients into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Spread crumble evenly over prepared baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes (160°C) or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Set aside 8 broad-based icy pole moulds, such as ramekins or dariole moulds (approx. 150 ml capacity).
- Place all ice cream ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
- Transfer approx. 50 ml coconut mixture into each icy pole mould. Cover moulds with foil, poke a hole in foil with a skewer or scissors and insert wooden popsicle sticks through foil.
- Place into freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm. Gently press 2-3 teaspoons of the Macadamia crumble over semi-frozen ice cream. Place back into freezer. Rinse and dry mixing bowl and continue with sorbet.
- Place mangoes and lychee into mixing bowl and purée 8 sec/speed 10.
- Place approx. 50 g of sorbet over each crumble layer and place back into freezer for 3 hours or until frozen. Remove from freezer for 5 minutes to soften, then remove from mouldes before serving.
Coconut ice cream
Mango and lychee sorbet
To make an alcoholic version of these icy poles, add 30-40 g Malibu rum in step 4.
Macadamia crumble can be made in advance and stored in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You can substitue fresh mango with frozen mango.
If you do not have icy pole moulds, set mixture in a terrine mould or slice tin lined with baking paper and slice to serve.
Cream can be omitted to make a dairy-free dessert.
Macadamia crumble can be omitted to make a nut-free dessert.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng