- 275 g pitted dates
- 450 g filtered water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g butter, room temp
- 275 g caster sugar
- 3 Eggs, Large
- 275 g flour, self-raising
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 320 g brown sugar
- 500 g full-fat pouring (whipping) cream
- 400 g Butter
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- After 35 mins, remove pudding from oven and pour have the sauce over. Return to the oven for a further 5 mins.
- Allow to cool for a few mins and then serve with vanilla ice cream or cream and the reserved caramel sauce.
Add bicarb soda and combine 3 sec/sp 2.
Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
NOTE: It will froth up when the bicarb is added - this is ok.
Clean and dry mixing bowl.
(If you are using raw sugar, this is the time to add to the bowl and mill 10 sec/sp 9).
Insert Butterfly whisk.
Add caster sugar and softened butter and mix 10 sec/sp 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl and mix 1 min/sp 4.
Whilst mixing Sp 4, add eggs one at a time through the hole in the lid, ensuring you mix well after each addition.
Remove Butterfly whisk.
Add vanilla, self-raising flour (sifted) and date mixture and combine 5 sec/sp 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat 5 sec/sp 4.
- Pour into large, rectangular ceramic baking dish and bake for 35 mins.
- Meanwhile, wash and clean the bowl. Put the brown sugar, cream and butter for the sauce recipe into the bowl for 2 mins/80C/sp 2. Then cook for 5-8 mins/varoma/sp 2.
THE CARAMEL SAUCE
If you find there is too much caramel sauce, you can halve it. I would then only cook for 35 mins, but would pour all of it over the pudding before you put it back in the oven for the last 5 mins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honeycomb ice cream
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Pineapple upside down cake
- Choc Bliss Balls
- Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Custard
- Churro Pancakes
- Coconut Panna Cotta with tropical salsa
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Date rolls
- Sugar fried chestnut ls
- Adapted RSPCA Pupcakes
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Cornflake & Pistachio Cookies
- Variation Date lime cake
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits