- 130 g sugar
- 3 egg whites
- pinch cream of tartar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
8Recipe is created for
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Insert Butterfly into clean and dry mixing bowl. Place egg whites, cream of tartar and lemon juice into mixing bowl and beat for 3-4mins/50C/speed 3.5 with MC removed until strong peaks form.
With blades rotating on speed 2, add sugar 1 tsp at a time over a period of 2-3 minutes.
Place the mixture into a piping bag with your favourite nozzle to create tears or stars and pipe shapes onto baking paper. Place in a pre-heated oven at 90C-100C. (So you are drying them out rather than baking). Insert a wooden spoon into the oven door or keep it slightly ajar so the moisture escapes and the meringues dry out better. It can take 2 to 5 hours depending on the size of the meringues.
Keep in a well-closed biscuit jar. They will last for up to a week.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles