- 50 g brown sugar, to taste
- 200 g water
- 3 pieces orange zest (approx. 5 x 1.5 cm)
- 60 g orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 whole cloves
- 0.25 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 star anise
- 750 g alcoholic apple cider
- Place all ingredients, except apple cider, into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add apple cider and cook 7 min/80°C/speed 1. Strain through simmering basket into a large jug and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, transfer mulled cider into approx. 3 ice cube trays, then place into freezer for a minimum 4 hours.
- Place frozen sorbet cubes into mixing bowl and crush 30 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then blend 30 sec/speed 7, with aid of spatula. Serve immediately.
If you don't have ice cub trays, you can freeze your sorbet in a shallow freezable container in step 3. Cut the frozen sorbet into 3-4 cm pieces before crushing in step 4. Proceed as per recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats