- 250 g Fresh pitted cherries, plus extra to serve
- 50 g caster sugar
- 20 g lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 270 g white sugar
- 60 g brown sugar
- 8 egg whites, room temperature
- 0.5 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp freeze-dried cherry powder, (optional - see Tips)
- 800 g thickened cream
- 500 g Fresh mixed berries
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves
4h 30minPreparation 4h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place cherries, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon into mixing bowl and cook 6 min/100°C/speed 2, then blend 1 min/speed 4-10, increasing speed gradually from speed 4 to speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line 3 large baking trays (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place sugars into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites and cream of tartar into mixing bowl and whip 4-6 min/37°C/speed 3.5, without measuring cup, until very stiff peaks form.
- Mix 4 min/37°C/speed 3, slowly adding reserved sugar mixture (1 teaspoon at a time), vinegar and vanilla through hole in mixing bowl lid. Mixture should be glossy and smooth. Remove butterfly whisk. Divide meringue mixture evenly between 3 bowls. Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved cherry syrup to 1 bowl and gently combine using a metal spoon, taking care not to remove air from mixture. Add cocoa powder to another bowl and gently swirl through to create a marbled effect. Do not add anything to remaining bowl of meringue mixture.
- Using a piping bag with a round nozzle (1 cm), pipe each mixture into approx. 30 small circles (approx. 4 cm in diameter) onto the prepared trays. Using a fine-mesh sieve, dust cherry meringues with freeze-dried cherry powder (optional) and dust chocolate meringues with extra cocoa powder. Place trays into oven, reduce temperature to 110°C and bake for 1 hour (110°C). Turn off oven and leave meringues to cool completely with oven door shut (approx. 2 hours). Clean and dry mixing bowl and butterfly whisk.
- 7. Insert butterfly whisk. Place cream into mixing bowl and whip 45 sec/speed 3.5 or until soft peaks form. Remove butterfly whisk. Using 2-3 serving platters or cake stands (approx. 30 cm diameter), dot whipped cream onto platters in a circular pattern and arrange meringues, alternating flavours, on top of cream (using cream to secure meringues). Build pavlova towers by dotting cream onto meringues and stacking meringues in a vertical circular pattern. Fill any gaps between meringues with whipped cream, fresh berries and mint leaves. Serve with extra cherries and Cherry syrup.
Accessories you need
Frozen, thawed cherries can be used when fresh are not available.
Other berry powder can be used instead of freeze-dried cherry powder; you can find freeze-dried fruit powder at some health food stores.
Pavlova towers can also be plated for individual servings.
All components (including meringues and whipped cream) can be placed into sealed containers and assembled just before serving.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles