- 150 g roasted salted peanuts
- 30 g peanut oil, to taste
- 650 g full cream milk
- 140 g caster sugar
- 50 g skim milk powder
- 50 g roasted salted peanuts
- 150 g dark chocolate chips
28h 0minPreparation 28h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place peanuts into mixing bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 7.
- Add oil and mix 1 min/speed 5, until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Without washing mixing bowl, place milk into mixing bowl and warm 5 min/37°C/speed 2.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add sugar, milk powder and reserved peanut butter and cook 8 min/90°C/speed 2, then blend 10 sec/speed 4. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Pour mixture, up to 4 cm high, into shallow freezable containers or ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature before placing into freezer overnight.
- Transfer frozen gelato mixture into refrigerator for 15 minutes to soften slightly, then cut into pieces (4 x 4 cm). Place half of the gelato pieces into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 6, then mix 10 sec/speed 4 with aid of spatula. Transfer ice cream into a freezable container.
- Place remaining frozen gelato pieces into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 6, then mix 10 sec/speed 4 with aid of spatula. Transfer into freezable container with gelato and return to freezer for a minimum of 2 hours. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place peanuts into mixing bowl and crush 8 sec/speed 7. Transfer into small bowl and set aside.
- Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Melt 3 min/100°C/speed 2. Spread melted chocolate out thinly onto prepared baking tray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the reserved crushed peanuts. Place into refrigerator to set (approx. 10 minutes).
- Break bark into shards. Serve gelato with bark and sprinkle with remaining crushed peanuts.
Peanut butter gelato
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Fruit and nut muesli (TM31)
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Crunchy carrot salad (TM31)
- Three cheese and spinach rolls (TM31)