- 3-4 quinces, washed, cored, peeled and quartered yield approximately 800 g
- 300 g water
- 100 g sugar
Add water and sugar to TM bowl. Place basket in TM bowl, add quince pieces and cook 30 minutes at 100°C Speed 1.
Cook 10 minutes Varoma Speed 1. Check for thick syrup, good pink colour, tenderness and perfumed aroma. If more cooking is desired, check fluid levels and add more water before proceeding.
Remove basket and tip poached quinces into serving dish. Pour poaching liquid over and serve hot, warm or cold with custard, cream or ice-cream.
Accessories you need
New quinces that have greenish tinges on the skin will provide improved pectin set if proceeding to make jelly.
Poaching liquid can be flavoured with honey (sugar substitution), cloves or vanilla if desired.
Pack quince pieces in tightly as they will shrink down during cooking.
Quinces are cooked after first 20 minutes but will not have the typical colour or density of aroma that will be gained from the additional cooking time and temperature.
Size of quince pieces will influence cooking time as will amount of pectin in fruit.
To make jelly retain all cores, pips and peelings. 3 – 4 quinces will yield approximately 500g of core, pips and peel. See my Quince Jelly Recipe for detail.
Can place pips in the bottom of the TM bowl whilst poaching fruit to begin jelly process.
Cost approx $6
Your vote and comments are always appreciated!.....Happy Cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The perfect caramel slice
- Malteser slice
- Strawberry Carrot Leather
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- THE BEST RAW AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- No churn Ice Cream (Parfait)
- No Knead Sourdough
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise
- Chia Seed Biscuits
- Chia, Prune/Date and Walnut Bites (or Balls)
- Chia, banana and chocolate muffins (egg free)
- Tart Sourdough Bread (incl step pictures)
- Sourdough Spelt Crackers