- 2 handfuls any nuts or seeds, (e.g., cashews, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds)
- a few medjool dates, pitted
- 2 dried figs, halved
- handful dried black cherries
- handful dark chocolate pieces or chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- handful raw cashews
- water, to desired creaminess
- dash maple syrup, raw honey or coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
Grind whatever nuts and seeds you've got handy for a few seconds on Speed 8 until a coarse meal. Don't go too long or it will turn into nut butter!
Add dates and figs and Turbo a few times until the mixture starts to come together. If it's still too dry and doesn't 'stick' together, add more dried fruit or a tiny amount of water.
Add vanilla, sea salt, cherries, and dark chocolate pieces/chips. Turbo a couple more times to mix through. You still want chunks!
Press the mixture into muffin tray (silicon works well - or line a tin one with plastic wrap to make it easy to remove them later), ensuring it is quite compressed. Or line a tray with plastic wrap and press in to make bars. Put into the fridge or freezer while you make the cashew cream.
To the mixing bowl add cashews and equivalent amount of water, as well as maple syrup, raw honey or coconut nectar (to taste). Blend well until smooth.
Simple! Remove your little 'cakes' from the muffin tray, or cut into bars if you chose that option. Pour loads of cream over. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
*If you would like a thicker cream, add more cashews and blend. For more of a pouring cream, add more water. Options are to add a bit of vanilla for a vanilla cream, and/or some cinnamon. The longer you leave it in the fridge, the thicker it will get. It will last a few days in the fridge.
*You can change up the nuts/seeds each time, or use any other types of dried fruits.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Taro and sago
- BLACK RICE YOGHURT
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Omega3 Brain Boost Mousse
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella)
- Variation Limes puff
- Milky Bar Cheesecake
- LCM Bars
- Tiny Teddies- Honey
- Pinch of Yum Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Bread