- 130 grams blanched almonds
- 70 grams Coconut sugar, or rapadura
- 1-2 teaspoons Rosewater
- 100 grams Brazil Nuts
- 60 grams Linseeds
- 200 grams dessicated coconut
- 115 grams water
- 60 grams Maple syrup
- 130 grams mixed dried fruit, raisins, sultanas, currants, dried lemon and orange
- 1/4 teaspoon each of dried ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grind almonds spped 9 for about 10 seconds, add sugar and 1 tsp rosewater, grind speed 9 for about 10 seconds until it starts to stck together in a ball, add rosewater a few drops at a time to help it stick together. Turn out onto a thermomat, divide into 2/3rds to roll out to a round shape and the remaning 1/3rd form into 11 small balls (representing the apostles minus Judas)
Grind nuts and linseeds and coconut on speed 9 for about 10 seconds, add water and maple syrup and grind for about 20 seconds on speed 9, it should stick together like a dough. Then add the spices and dried fruit and mix for 20 seconds on speed 9. The fruit will not be finely chopped, you do want to have some texture to the cake.
Turn it out into a 20 cm cake tin which is lined with baking paper. Press the cake into the tin to be smooth on top.
Roll the marzipan into a round shape the size of the tin and place it on the top, place the 11 balls of marzipan around the top. Chill the cake for 30 minutes then serve sliced into 11 wedges.
Raw simnel cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Chicken with mandarin and star anise
- Gluten Free White Baguette
- Pumpkin Cupcake with Ginger Icing
- Dulche de leche (3 ingredients)
- Chestnut Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Chestnut buttercream icing
- Black Russian Cupcake and Kahlua Buttercream Icing
- Asian Flavour Fish Quenelles (Varoma)
- Hot Water Pastry Beef Mince Snack Pie
- Hot Water Pastry
- Edmonds Brandy Snaps
- Salmon with Ginger and Coriander
- Waitangi Day Lamb Shanks meal
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Baby banana oatmeal
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice