- 20 grams white sugar
- 1/2 the rind of one orange, (no white pith)
- 200 grams rhubarb, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 orange (40g Approx)
- 400 grams pure cream
- 70 grams white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste, (or extract)
- 5 Eggs, room temperature, (approx 275g)
- white sugar, extra for caramalising on top
4h 35minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add sugar and rind to the mixing bowl, mill for 10 seconds / speed 9, scrap down the sides of the bowl and repeat if needed.
- Add rhubarb and orange juice to the mixing bowl. Cook for 9 mins / 100 degrees / speed 1 / .
- Blend mixture for 5 seconds / speed 4.
- Divide the mixture amoungst 6 ramikins. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Add cream, white sugar, vanilla bean paste (or extract) and eggs into the mixing bowl and mix 1 min / speed 3, then cook for 14 mins / 85 degrees / speed 3. Mixture should thicken whilst cooking.
- Divide creme brulee mixture into the 6 ramekins, allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the fridge to set - Minimum 4 hours.
- One set, dust the top of each creme brulee with a thick layer of white sugar and caramelise with a kitchen blow torch or oven griller until all sugar is dissolved, golden brown and crisp.
Rhubard & Orange Compote
Accessories you need
If you have a TM5 you can cook the Creme Brulee recipe from the Basic Cook Book on guided cooking to get the same result.
Creme Brulees need to be served as soon as you caramelise the sugar on top, if you aren't eating them all at the time, wait to caramelise the sugar until you are ready to serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Apricot Balls/Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Custard with Protein Powder
- Rima’s Tagrid Ahmed Mamaghanooj Kitchen’s Mafrookeh
- Poached Quince - TM6 Slow Cook, Blade Cover Method
- Banoffee Pie
- Chocolate Easter Egg Cheesecakes
- Cherry Ripe Slice-NO BAKE
- Rhubarb and Apple crumble
- Chia Pudding with raspberry coulis
- Rhubarb Cake
- Apple Rhubarb Crumble
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Quick fruit sponge
- Cream Cheese and Rhubarb Blondies
- Variation Stewed Rhubarb and Apple
- Rhubarb curd
- Overnight Oats with stewed Apple and Rhubarb
- Rhubarb and coconut slice
- Rhubarb and apple jam