- 1 litre full cream milk
- 150 grams short grain or arborio rice
- 1 piece vanilla bean or 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 500 grams whipping cream
- 100 grams flaked or slivered almonds
- 2 level tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 piece almond
- 1 jar stoneless cherries in syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoon cornflour
- 2 level tablespoons water
Rinse the rice in cold running water.
Place rice, milk and vanilla pod (or vanilla bean paste) into the Thermomix bowl. Cook for 45 minutes at 90on speed 1. Keep checking to ensure it doesn't become too thick.
Whisk the cream and sugar in the Thermomix bowl with butterfly attachment on speed 4 for between 20 seconds and 1 minute. Fold into cooled porridge together with almonds. Add more sugar, if you wish.
Fold into cooled porridge together with almonds. Add more sugar, if you wish.
To make the cherry compote, add the cherries and syrup to the Thermomix bowl. Cook for 20 minutes at 100 on speed 1.
Mix the cornstarch with cold water, add to the cherry compote and mix for 2 minutes at 100 on speed 1 or until compote thickens slightly.
Serve the cold rice and almond porridge with a warm cherry compote. And remember the extra gift to the lucky one with a whole almond in their pudding!
Accessories you need
Risalamande (also spelled as ris a la mande or ris à l'amande meaning "rice with almonds") is a traditional Danish dessert typically served at Christmas.
Risalamande was created in the last part of the 19th century. It is made out of rice pudding mixed with whipped cream, vanilla, and chopped almonds; and is usually served cold with a cherry sauce (kirsebærsauce).
It is very common to make a large batch of rice pudding for dinner on lillejuleaften ("Little Christmas Eve", i.e. December 23rd), a part of which is kept until Christmas Eve and used to make risalamande, which is eaten as dessert after the big Christmas Dinner.
Normally there is one whole almond in the dessert, and the person who finds it wins a special prize - perhaps a chocolate heart. Part of the game involves the finder concealing his discovery as long as possible, so that the rest of the company is forced to eat the entire dish of risalamande, even after they have already devoured a large Christmas Dinner.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Fresh mango muesli
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Baby banana oatmeal
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5