- 1 litre full cream milk
- 150 grams short grain or arborio rice
- 1 piece vanilla bean or 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 500 grams whipping cream
- 100 grams flaked or slivered almonds
- 2 level tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 piece almond
- 1 jar stoneless cherries in syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoon cornflour
- 2 level tablespoons water
Rinse the rice in cold running water.
Place rice, milk and vanilla pod (or vanilla bean paste) into the Thermomix bowl. Cook for 45 minutes at 90on speed 1. Keep checking to ensure it doesn't become too thick.
Whisk the cream and sugar in the Thermomix bowl with butterfly attachment on speed 4 for between 20 seconds and 1 minute. Fold into cooled porridge together with almonds. Add more sugar, if you wish.
Fold into cooled porridge together with almonds. Add more sugar, if you wish.
To make the cherry compote, add the cherries and syrup to the Thermomix bowl. Cook for 20 minutes at 100 on speed 1.
Mix the cornstarch with cold water, add to the cherry compote and mix for 2 minutes at 100 on speed 1 or until compote thickens slightly.
Serve the cold rice and almond porridge with a warm cherry compote. And remember the extra gift to the lucky one with a whole almond in their pudding!
Accessories you need
Risalamande (also spelled as ris a la mande or ris à l'amande meaning "rice with almonds") is a traditional Danish dessert typically served at Christmas.
Risalamande was created in the last part of the 19th century. It is made out of rice pudding mixed with whipped cream, vanilla, and chopped almonds; and is usually served cold with a cherry sauce (kirsebærsauce).
It is very common to make a large batch of rice pudding for dinner on lillejuleaften ("Little Christmas Eve", i.e. December 23rd), a part of which is kept until Christmas Eve and used to make risalamande, which is eaten as dessert after the big Christmas Dinner.
Normally there is one whole almond in the dessert, and the person who finds it wins a special prize - perhaps a chocolate heart. Part of the game involves the finder concealing his discovery as long as possible, so that the rest of the company is forced to eat the entire dish of risalamande, even after they have already devoured a large Christmas Dinner.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raw Low Carb Mini Avocado Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Brownies - Grandma's Recipe
- Raspberry Coconut Dessert Bowl
- Mango ice cream, sugar free and dairy free
- Protein banana ice cream
- Easy Vanilla Icecream
- Chocolate summer cups
- Dairy Free Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars
- Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake with Raspberry Jelly
- Vegan Choc Orange Bliss Balls (GF)
- Vegan Choc Mint Bliss Balls (GF)
- Sweet potato curry
- LCHF NO BAKE JAFFA CHEESECAKES
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- TURMERIC CHAI LATTE
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Corn and Cheese Balls