- 440 g (not thawed) blueberries, reserving 6-12 for garnish
- 220 g water
- 1 heaped tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Whole cinnamon stick
- 2 pods Cardamom (optional)
- 100 g Milk
- 30 g cornflour
- 400 g sour cream, reserving some for garnish
Place frozen blueberries, water, cinnamon stick, honey, ginger and cardamom pods (if using) into the TMX bowl. Bring to a boil by setting 7 minutes, 100 degrees, speed soft. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, 90 degrees, speed soft, until most of the blueberries have burst. Remove the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick.
Puree the mixture by gradually moving the dial from speed 1 to speed 9. This takes me about 30 seconds. Observe closely and use caution when pureeing hot liquids. Once full speed is reached, puree for another 1 and a half minutes.
Add cornflour and milk. Whisk into the blueberry mixture - speed 6 for 10 seconds.
Set timer to one minute, temperature to 90 degrees and operate on speed 4, until the mixture thickens slightly.
Let cool for 10 minutes. Put in refrigerator to chill until cold, at least 5 hours or up to 2 days.
Converted and adapted by Roslyn Teirney from the Blueberry Soup recipe at //www.eatingwell.com .
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Mint Dip