- 150 g Pear Jam (Or any winter fruit jam), //realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/pear-vanilla-jam.html
- 120 g unsalted butter, room temp but not tooooo soft
- 120 g rapadura or brown sugar, I used brown
- 2 eggs
- 1 level teaspoon vanilla
- 120 g flour, i mixed spelt and plain half each
- 1 heaped teaspoons baking powder, make your own from EDC
- 40 g Milk
- 3-4 pinches spices e.g. ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, clove
8Recipe is created for
generously butter 6-8 pudding basins (or 12-15 silicon cupcake moulds).
Divide jam between them.
If using raw sugar, place in bowl and use speed 10 for 2-3 seconds.
Add diced butter and prcoess 10 seconds speed 5.
Place butterfly in bowl and process 3 min speed 3. Remove and scrape butterfly.
with motor on speed four, add eggs one at a time (stop to scrape occassionally).
Add vanilla, flour, baking powder, spices and milk. Mix 20seconds/speed 3.
Divide matter into moulds (about 3/4 full, or less if you want it to go further!).
place basins or moulds in varoma dish and tray.
Wash out bowl and fill with 1 litre water.
Position bowl with varoma in place and varoma lid on. Steam 40min Varoma/speed 1 OR 22 minutes if doing the little silicon moulds.
It should be a little sticky on top, but spring back when touched.
Turn out while still warmish so that the jam slips out on top.
Serve with icecream and little shots of "eggnog with whipped cream on top".
This is based (rather loosely) around a Dani Valent recipe from In The Mix. I've changed the flours, sugar, jam, spices and cut a few corners on the method.
With a well stocked store cupboard, you should have everything pretty much on hand for this.
A batch of pear jam has a load of uses ... not the least of which is my son's daily breakfast on toast!
Try making your own vanilla paste and baking powder for fun too! They last for ages!
The eggnog is just a recommendation ... but very niiiiiice.
SOrry for no pics yet. They were gobbled up SO FAST at our team meeting last night, I didn't get a shot!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange, cacao and poppy seed bliss balls
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Hot Cross Bun Bliss Balls
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs
- Chocolate weetbix balls
- No Melt Buttercream icing for the Tropics
- Gut Loving Strawberry & Coconut Gummies
- The Best Buttercream Icing
- Lemon Lime Bliss Balls, Dairy Free, Vegan, DoTerra
- Salted Caramilk Slice
- Mini Choc-Raspberry Tarts
- Lemon Energy Balls
- Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies
- Penny’s protein packed choc chip cookies
- Raspberry tartlets
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- 60 minute lunch rolls
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Gluten Free Bread
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf