- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sugar (caster or raw)
- 3 eggs
- 55 g Dutch cocoa powder
- 50 g water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 red apples (peeled, cored & quartered)
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 200 g dark chocolate pieces
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Grease a 20cm square cake tin.
3. Place all ingredients into bowl and mix on spd 6 for 10 secs. Scrape sides of bowl and repeat.
4. Once mixture is evenly combined and smooth, pour into cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until risen.
5. Allow to cool before placing chocolate.
6. Place chocolate into bowl and melt for 4-5 mins, 50C, spd 2. Check and if needed further melt until runny.
7. Pour over cooled cake and spread with a spatula evenly across cake and serve.
*Recipe was converted from the 500 Chocolate Delights cookbook by Lauren Floodgate.
*Cake can be topped with buttercream icing as well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quinoa Granola
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Caramel & Peanut Butter Slice
- Caramelised Cauliflower and Coconut Soup
- Black Bean Burger Patties
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles
- Miso Cod with Caramelized Zucchini and Cinnamon Pumpkin Carrot Puree
- Zucchini Butter
- Cauliflower & Veggie Medley with Red Miso
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Pizza
- Raw Chocolate Delights
- Lupin Dip