- 250 g butternut snap cookies
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 200 g Dates (Majdool are best)
- 130 g water
- 500 g cream cheese
- 140 g castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 eggs
- 250 g sour cream
1. Add dates and water to bowl.
2. Cook on 100 for 4 mins on Speed 1.
If you don't want as many 'bits' in your cheesecake (eg you have fussy kids) then blitz the dates for 3 seconds on Speed 5, scrape down and then blitz for 3 seconds on Speed 8. Remove dates from thermo bowl and allow to cool.
1. Weigh butter into bowl.
2. Melt butter at 60 degrees for 2 minutes on Speed 1.
3. Add Butternut Snap biscuits to bowl.
4. Blitz on Speed 5 for 5 seconds, scrape bowl down.
5. Blitz on Speed 5 for 3 seconds.
6. Put base crumbs into a 20cm springform cake tin and press up the sides and onto the base.
7. Place the tin into the fridge while you prepare the filling.
1. Add cream cheese to bowl, beat for 20 seconds on Speed 6.
2. Add castor sugar to bowl, beat for 10 seconds on Speed 5.
3. Add vanilla paste and 1 egg, beat for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
4. Scrape down bowl, add another egg, beat for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
5. Scrape down bowl, add another egg, beat for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
6. Scrape bowl, add sour cream, beat for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
7. Scrape bowl, add cooled dates, beat for 8 seconds on Speed 5.
8. Scrape bowl, beat for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
9. Pour filling into biscuit base.
10. Bake at 160 degrees for 1 hour.
11. Slightly crack oven and allow cheesecake to cool (leave to cool overnight if you can) to avoid cracking.
Accessories you need
This recipe is definitely better made the day before, which in my book is always fabulous for a dinner party anyway.
To serve it is great to blitz a dozen additional Butternut Snap cookies and use that crumb in the serving. I normally put on a dollop of cream and sprinkle the crumb over the top.
For my very fussy son I always call this Sticky Toffee Baked Cheesecake, he is oblivious that it contains dates.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana, coconut and choc chip Ice cream - vegan, egg free, DF
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Guilt-free vegan Chocolate Balls
- Rocky Road
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Macha Blancmange
- Strawberry and pear pancakes
- Orange and Poppy Seed Energy Balls
- 4 ingredient Crunchie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Raw Raspberry and Coconut Cheesecake
- Chocolate Truffles (Brazilian Brigadeiros)
- Bliss balls- paleo