- 80 grams short grain or arborio rice, washed and drained
- 750 grams whole milk, (use 4 tbsp to mix with cornflour)
- 375 grams half and half cream, (half milk, half cream)
- 200 grams raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornflour, (melted in 4T milk from 750g above)
- 1 pinch salt
Place all ingredients (except cornflour mixed with 4T of milk) to the TM bowl. Cook for 45 minutes at 90 C on Speed 1-2.
Pour cornflour mix through lid whileTM is running on Speed 1-2 for 30 seconds or until thickened.
Pour into 6 small bowls. Place in fridge to chill (or if you can't wait, eat it warm).
Sprinkle some cinnamon on top before serving.
Turkish Rice Pudding
For a different result, add fresh or dried fruit to the TM bowl at the end of cooking. There is no need for additional cooking...the heat of the custard will be sufficient to heat the fruit through.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Slice
- Vanilla Fudge
- Chocolate caramel coconut balls
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- Yuzu Mayonnaise
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Vanilla Slice
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry