- 50 grams Cashews, (soaked overnight or soak in boiled water for 2 hours)
- 2 cans coconut cream, (NOT MILK- must be good quality coconut cream)
- 50 grams sugar, (coconut, white, brown, syrup)
- 3 teaspoons cocoa or cacoa, (You can sub for any flavour)
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Soak a cup/ 50g or cashews overnight or for a couple hours in boiling water. The aim is to soften the cashews.
2. Add cashews to thermomix and blend at level 6 for 30 seconds. Scrap sides and repeat until the cashews have a malleable consistency. Scrap sides again.
3. Add 2 cans on coconut cream
3. Add 3 teaspoons of cacoa (or any flavour you desire)
4. Add sugar (any sweetner you wish)
5. Blend on level 6 or higher until smooth consistency- you must make sure it is smooth otherwise you will have grainy icecream.
6. Pour mixture into an icecream maker (I bought one for $50 from Harvey Norman- best money I have spent). Wait until it creates a soft serve consistency.
Creamy Vegan Ice-cream
Accessories you need
Considering the cost of vegan ice-cream ($10 for a small tub) buying a basic ice-cream machine will be a great investment. However, you can still make it without one but you need to stir it every hour while it is still freezing. The results are not as impressive.
I have used fresh mint and peppermint and vanilla. I will be trying strawberry flavour soon with fresh strawberries.
If you pulse up a bunch medjool dates you can get a caramel topping.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Malteser slice
- Strawberry Carrot Leather
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- THE BEST RAW AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Carrot Cake
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Fail free Muffins
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting