- 2 centimetre knob of ginger
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoon honey, or less agave nectar
- 250 grams water
- 2 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 lemon, peeled, for juice
- Add ginger, lemon zest and garlic into the Thermomix bowl . Chop 5 sec / speed 7.
Scrape down using spatula, add water and cook for 10 mins / 110 / speed 1.
While heating, sit the Jar of sweetener in the Varoma Dish on top of Thermomix lid to soften the honey or agave to a pourable consistency
- Add Cayenne Pepper to hot liquid, then cool to just below 50 C before adding Honey/Agave and stirring it in 1 min/speed 3
- At the same time Squeeze juice of the lemon into the Thermomix Bowl, over the upturned MC, to catch pips
Immediately strain through the rice basket into a jug, when cool freeze in ice cubes.
Then when you feel a cold, sore throat or cough coming on, pop 4 icecubes of Grannis into your fave mug and top up with hot water and sip while warm to soothe away all your ills
If you can taste the garlic, you're not sick enough!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tim Tam Hot Chocolate
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Keto Bulletproof Coffee
- Chai powder spice mix and chai latte with cinnamon sugar
- Simple mango banana smoothie
- Blueberry Moscow Mule with Gin
- pomegranate Lemon Crush
- Chocolate Quik (like Nesquik)
- Matt Prestons Lime Cordial
- Layelle's Sahlab سحلب
- Lemon Drink
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Feijoa, Ginger and Vanilla Jam
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Spreadable GHEE