- 1 l water
- 1 cans cup rice, Long grain but can use medium if you don't have long. Stay away from Jasmine as it adds different flavour.
- 1 Cup Almond
- 1 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla, Or To Taste
- 1 cinnamon quills
6h 0minPreparation 6h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- This is something I adore!!! Now, I was taught to make it without sweetened condensed milk, but I believe that it is an added lovely flavour to the rice that reminds me of Tres Leches Cake.
First, put water, rice, cinnamon quill, and almonds in Thermi add lid and blitz at speed 5 for 30 seconds and then increase to speed 9 for 30 seconds.
Once you have blitzed it, put in jug or bowl and set aside for at least three hours. Preferred is to put in the fridge overnight. This adds lots of flavour.
Once it has set, put back into thermomix but include the sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup of sugar (or to taste, I like it sweet) and your vanilla.
Once you have in thermomix, put on lid and blitz for 1 minute at 9.
Now is the tricky part. I have a fine mesh sieve, but you can use a blue chux, cheese cloth. Line sieve or colander with at least one chux. Now pour in and let it drain through. THe reason for this as you are trying to seperate out the grit of the rice and the almonds. One it is seived thru put ina jug in the fridge.
Drink over ice. THis is my favourite whilst I sit on our deck looking out at the ocean. Enjoy!
P.S. You can also add some chocolate syrup in you are so inclined.
Horchata Summer Drink
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toblerone Cocktail
- Lemon Cordial
- Passionfruit mojito
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Fiona’s Iced Coffee
- Pineapple and Coconut Daiquiri
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Heavenly BoozyBunny Easter Chocolate Cocktail
- Purple smoothie
- Best Quality Life Grapes-Clove healing
- Tim Tam Milkshake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Nutella 'like' Bliss Balls
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings