- 360 g sugar
- 360 g water
- 10 tea bags, I used English breakfast
- 1 lemon, rind and juice (see below)
- 50mls freshly squeezed lemon juice
- iced water, 1 cup per serving
- Iced Cubes
- mint leaves, lemon slices
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, 5mins/Varoma/sp3, or until sugar has fully dissolved.
Add tea bags and lemon rind, securing tea bags by locking the lid on the tags. Leave to diffuse for 15 minutes (No heat or mixing)
Remove the bags and the lemon rind and add the lemon juice.
Decant into a suitable container and chill in the fridge.
Add 1/4 cup of the syrup to a tall glass. Stir to combine with 250mls of iced water. Add some ice.
Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices.
Accessories you need
Lasts 2 or so weeks in the fridge.
Adapted for use in the Thermomix by “Taste of home”.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- My Everyday White Bread
- Coffee Streusel Muffins
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- BASO SAPI (INDONESIAN MEAT BALLS)
- Choc Honeycomb Muffins
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Nuttella Buttercream
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Nans cherry cheese strudel
- Passionfruit Slice
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Sandwhich Bread