- 6 - 8 Limes
- 1500 grams sugar
- 1250 grams water
- 1 tablespoon citric or tartaric acid
8Recipe is created for
Peel the zest from the limes and grate for 10 - 20 seconds on speed 9. You may need to scrape the sides down and process again. Set aside in a large bowl.
Process the sugar if you wish in batches to enable ease of dissolving in the water, then add to the large bowl.
Place citric acid in the large bowl
Pour boiling water over the mix in the large bowl and stir to dissolve sugar
Peel pith from limes and place limes in TM bowl and juice for 30 seconds on speed 8. Use the rice basket to strain the pulp from the juice.
Add to large bowl and mix well before bottling.
If placed in vaccum seal jars before cooling they will seal correctly and keep without refrigeration until they are opened. Once opened refrigerate.
If you don't like the rind in your drink you can strain it when bottling.
We store ours in tall tomato puree jars. Can be made using low gi sugar, follow instructions on pack.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Superfood Hot Chocolate
- Everyday Smoothie
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)
- Wheat grass juice
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Iced Turmeric Latte (iced Golden Milk)
- Chocolate Thick-Shake
- Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Banana Chocolate Milkshake *Dairy Free*Vegan*
- TURMERIC CHAI LATTE
- BCC Smoothie
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Raspberry Friands
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf