- 6 - 8 Limes
- 1500 grams sugar
- 1250 grams water
- 1 tablespoon citric or tartaric acid
8Recipe is created for
Peel the zest from the limes and grate for 10 - 20 seconds on speed 9. You may need to scrape the sides down and process again. Set aside in a large bowl.
Process the sugar if you wish in batches to enable ease of dissolving in the water, then add to the large bowl.
Place citric acid in the large bowl
Pour boiling water over the mix in the large bowl and stir to dissolve sugar
Peel pith from limes and place limes in TM bowl and juice for 30 seconds on speed 8. Use the rice basket to strain the pulp from the juice.
Add to large bowl and mix well before bottling.
If placed in vaccum seal jars before cooling they will seal correctly and keep without refrigeration until they are opened. Once opened refrigerate.
If you don't like the rind in your drink you can strain it when bottling.
We store ours in tall tomato puree jars. Can be made using low gi sugar, follow instructions on pack.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Golden latte the ThermoMonts way.
- Watermelon Frose Cocktail
- Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- Brewed Ginger Beer (alcoholic)
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- Kombucha tea
- Ginger Water
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Superfood Hot Chocolate
- Everyday Smoothie
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)
- Wheat grass juice
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- warm lemon tart
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free