- 3 oranges, juice and zest, finely grated
- 50 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp citric acid (see Tips)
- 1/2 tsp tartaric acid (see Tips)
- 1 bottle sparkling wine (750 g)
Place zest and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add orange juice, cirtic acid and tartaric acid and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain liquid into a jug. Transfer liquid into ice cube trays or a shallow freezable container and place into freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight to set. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place frozen orange mixture into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5.
Insert butterfly whisk. Mix 5 sec/speed 3. Remove butterfly whisk. Place mixture into a freezable container and place into freezer for a further 2 hours or until solid.
Place small scoops of sorbet into champagne glasses and top with sparkling wine. Serve immediately.
This recipe is also suitable for TM31.
Citric acid and tartaric acid can be found in most major supermarkets.
After freezing mixture, sorbet can be formed into frozen balls (using hands or spoons) and returned to freezer, ready to add to sparkling wine.
This recipe is from the upcoming Entertaining with Dani Valent cookbook and recipe chip.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Speedy Cold Brew Coffee and tip to turn it into Nitro Cold Brew
- Malted Choc
- Green Chia Smoothie
- Vanillacino Frosty
- Mint Slice Martini
- Orange Pineapple Juice
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mix
- Turmeric Latte Powder
- Thick hot chocoate
- Variation kalhua
- Berry and Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Golden latte the ThermoMonts way.
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles