- 500 g organic dried soy beans
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place soy beans into large bowl
Cover with water
Soak over night
Place half the soaked soy beans into thermomix jug and cover with cold water so the water is about 2cm above the beans
Grind 45 secs sp 10, set aside in separate bowl
Repeat exactly with remaining soy beans
Place roughly half of this ground mixture into the thermomix jug and add 1000mls water
Cook 20 minutes, 80 degrees, speed 2, MC on
Place into nut milk bag and drain, squeezing out as much milk as you can. You can do this one batch at a time or both together depending on if it will fit in your nut milk bag. This will be very hot so you can allow to cool a little before wringing out the liquid, or put on your marigolds to protect your hands.
Be very careful to keep an eye on the thermomix when the pulp is cooking as it can boil over. If it looks like it will boil over, turn the thermomix off while it settles back down, then continue
Repeat with second batch of bean pulp
Soy Bean Preparation
Preparing Soy Bean Pulp
You will need a nut milk bag to complete this recipe
If you would like the soy milk to be sweeter, you could blen with a few pitted dates to taste but don't do this for tofu
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ELDERBERRY SYRUP with extra cloves
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Chocolate Fudge creamy frappe
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Iced tea syrup
- Raspberry Slushie
- BBC (Bailey's Banana Colada) Cocktail Recipe
- Pink lemonade
- Ginger & Lime Cordial
- Fi's Whiskey Cream Liqueur
- Cheats Greek style frappe
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Lemon cheesecake pots
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Mini Weetbix & Date loaf Cakes