- 500 g organic dried soy beans
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place soy beans into large bowl
Cover with water
Soak over night
Place half the soaked soy beans into thermomix jug and cover with cold water so the water is about 2cm above the beans
Grind 45 secs sp 10, set aside in separate bowl
Repeat exactly with remaining soy beans
Place roughly half of this ground mixture into the thermomix jug and add 1000mls water
Cook 20 minutes, 80 degrees, speed 2, MC on
Place into nut milk bag and drain, squeezing out as much milk as you can. You can do this one batch at a time or both together depending on if it will fit in your nut milk bag. This will be very hot so you can allow to cool a little before wringing out the liquid, or put on your marigolds to protect your hands.
Be very careful to keep an eye on the thermomix when the pulp is cooking as it can boil over. If it looks like it will boil over, turn the thermomix off while it settles back down, then continue
Repeat with second batch of bean pulp
Soy Bean Preparation
Preparing Soy Bean Pulp
You will need a nut milk bag to complete this recipe
If you would like the soy milk to be sweeter, you could blen with a few pitted dates to taste but don't do this for tofu
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Superfood Hot Chocolate
- Everyday Smoothie
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)
- Wheat grass juice
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Iced Turmeric Latte (iced Golden Milk)
- Chocolate Thick-Shake
- Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Banana Chocolate Milkshake *Dairy Free*Vegan*
- TURMERIC CHAI LATTE
- BCC Smoothie
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Tuna Risotto
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!