THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 grams cashews, unsalted
- 30 grams coriander
- 2 pieces lemon zest, no pith
- 25 grams oil, (Olive, Rice Bran or Peanut)
- 400 grams Coconut Milk or Cream, (1 can)
- 400 grams water
- 200 grams rice
- 4 portions Salmon Fillets or other fish
- 4 portions Vegetables, (eg beans, sugar snap peas, baby corn, carrot, courgette, asparagus, asian greens)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, (gluten free)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Cashew Pesto, (reserved from Step 1)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Small Chilli, chopped, (optional)
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
1. With blades running on Sp 8, drop lemon zest into bowl. Stop when you no longer hear the zest hitting the sides of the bowl. 2. Add cashews and garlic to bowl. Press turbo briefly to partially chop. 3. Add Coriander, whizz 2-3 seconds, speed 7. 4. Add Oil, whizz 10 seconds, Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2 to combine. 5. Empty into small bowl and set aside. 6. Rinse TM bowl (you don't have to, but your rice may have a green tinge if you don't).
1. Add Coconut Milk and Water to the bowl.
2. Insert simmering basket and weigh in rice into the basket.
3. Scrunch baking paper under running water. Line the base of the Varoma with it.
4. Pat dry salmon with paper towel (or pesto will not stick) and place it into the lined Varoma.
5. Reserve 1-2 teaspoons of pesto for the dressing and spread remaining pesto on the salmon portions.
6. Place Varoma on top of bowl and steam 16 minutes, on Varoma Temp, Sp 2 (if it bubbles over whilst cooking increase to speed 3).
7. While salmon and rice is cooking prepare the vegetables and place them onto the upper tray of the Varoma. Insert the vegetables into the varoma with there is about 2 minutes cooking time remaining. Nb If you are using vegetables which require longer cooking time (eg brocolli florets or thick pieces of carrot) add them sooner).
8. While vegetables are steaming prepare the Dressing.
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a spoon.
2. Place rice, fish and vegetables onto a plate. Drizzle with a small amount of the dressing.
Accessories you need
Baking paper is also known as Parchment Paper.
For more delicious recipes please visit my blog @
As featured on the Thermomix Recipe Vault
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages