- 200 g kumera, pealed
- 200 g potatoes, pealed
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 heaped tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1 heaped tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1 can Salmon, 415 can, drained
- 1 heaped teaspoon French smooth mustard
- 1 heaped teaspoon French seeded mustard
- 1 level tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon capers
- 1 egg
- gluten free flour
- 1 level tablespoon olive oil
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- i) Peel and chop potatoes and kumera into one centimetre squares and steam for 15 minutes or until mashable (I used a separate steamer on my cooktop but you are welcome to use the Thermomix). Mash when cooked.
ii) While potatoes and kumera are steaming, peel and cut onion in half and place in bowl along with parsley and coriander leaves. Chop on 9 for two seconds in your Thermomix.
iii) Add to the bowl the mashed potatoes and kumera, salmon, both mustards, black pepper, capers and egg.
iv) Reverse blade at speed two until all ingredients are reasonably mixed together. You may need to stop the machine and fiddle around a bit to get the mixture even.
v) Form small patties from the mixture and coat with gluten free flour. You should be able to make about 14 patties.
vi) Place some olive oil into a fry pan and set to a moderate heat.
vii) Cook until brown on both sides, adding extra oil to the pan if needed.
viii) Serve with copious steamed vegies and some chilli sauce if you like. Yum!!!
GLUTEN FREE SALMON CAKES
Accessories you need
Consume while fresh (not you, the salmon cakes) and eat them all at once!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- White Fish in Tumeric and Ginger Broth
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Vi's lemon curd crumble muffins
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Milo Biscuits Variation
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- Meat Free Burger Patties
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Spicy bean soup