- lemon zest, (half of a lemon)
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 4-5 slices multigrain bread, Partly frozen
- 2 carrots, Chopped roughly
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 1 red chilli
- 1 clove Garlic clove peeled
- 25 g Rice Bran Oil
- 600 g potatoes, (approx. 4) Peeled & each chopped into about 12 pieces
- 200 g water
- 20 g Vegetable stock paste
- 425 g tin Tuna in Springwater, Well drained
- 1 egg
- Pepper to season as desired
- Extra Rice bran oil for shallow frying
1. Place lemon zest in TM bowl, grind 30-50sec/Sp 8-9, stopping and scraping down sides occasionally during this time. Set aside.
2. Place parsley in TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 7. Set aside with lemon zest.
3. Tear bread slices into small chunks as you place in TM bowl, grate 10-12 sec/Sp 6. Set aside in separate bowl to use later for coating patties. (Mine were fairly coarse, grate for a couple more seconds if you want it finer)
4. Place carrots in TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 5. Set aside.
5. Place onion, chilli & garlic in TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 7, scrape down sides of bowl. Chop for 1 more second if a little too chunky, scrape down again.
6. Place chopped carrot back into bowl and rice bran oil, saute 2.5 min/100*//Sp 1. Set aside.
7. Position the Butterfly into place, add chopped potato and water to bowl, cook 17min/100*/Sp 1. Check potatoes, cook a further 3min/Varoma/Sp 1. Potato needs to be just cooked and breaking up a little, if not then cook another 2min/Varoma/Sp 1. Check again.
8. Remove Butterfly and drain off most of liquid using your spatula, leaving the potato in the bowl. Carefull not to get burnt by steam.
9. Add parsley/lemon zest mix, carrot/onion/garlic/chilli mix, vegetable stock, Tuna, egg and pepper to taste to the bowl, mix 1min//Sp 1-2 (help to mix in with the spatula). Repeat if neccessary, potato should be broken up and a little mashed.
10. Form into patties, not too big as they will fall apart during cooking if they are. Gently roll & press breadcrumbs all over patties. Place on a plate and refridgerate for 15-20 min to firm up.
11. Shallow fry patties in Rice bran oil until golden brown on both sides.
Lemon Chilli Tuna Patties
This should make about 24 patties, depending on how big you make them. When you coat in crumbs, cradle them in your hand to press bread crumbs on them.
These are great at Easter, served with a salad & chips.
Chilli is optional.
Use the refridgeration time to clean up and set up for shallow frying. Drain on paper towel then serve.
Tinned Salmon can also be substituted for the Tuna.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie