- 150 g Tasty cheese
- 100 g raw almonds, (almond meal or breadcrumbs)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- 20 g oil
- 200 g uncooked rice, we used basamati
- 420 g tin of salmon, drained
- 1 heaped tablespoon of veg stock paste
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 500 g Milk
- 1 tablespoon mustard, (we used dijon but any is fine)
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
Grate cheese for 8 secs on speed 6. Set aside.
Mill almonds for 6 secs on speed 9. Set aside.
Chop zucchini on for 4 secs on speed 8. Set aside in a large bowl.
Add onion, carrot and celery to TM bowl and chop for 6 secs on speed 7. Add oil and cook on Varoma for 5 mins on speed 2 with MC off. When cooked set aside with the zucchini.
Rinse bowl and fill with water to the 1 litre mark. Put lid on and place basket on top and weigh rice. Rinse rice and add to TM bowl. Cook on Varoma for approx 12 mins on speed 4 or until rice is tender. Set aside with rest of vegetables.
Add salmon and veggie stock paste to bowl of cooked rice and veggies and mix together.
Add butter to TM bowl and melt at 100 degrees celcius for 2 mins on speed 1.
Add flour and mix for 30 secs on speed 3.
Add milk and cook at 100 degrees celcius for 3 mins on speed 2.
Add previously grated cheese and mustard and cook at 100 degrees for 2 mins on speed 2.
Take 21/2 cups of this cheese mixture and add to rest of mix and fold through. Keep leftover sauce for serving or to top veggies.
Grease a lasagna dish or large casserole dish and pour in mix and smooth. Top with milled almonds (almond meal) and spray with a little oil.
Bake for 30mins or until warmed through and almond topping is wonderfully toasted.
Serve with a side of steamed veggies.
More recipes at www.agagfaf.com
If you have children with an aversion to green just peel the zucchini first...or perhaps call it Shrek salmon bake...seems to work around here with little people.
More recipes at www.agagfaf.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- Roast Garlic and Porcini Butter
- Spicy Pear Celebration Cake - Gluten Free
- Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Cream (Vegan, Dairy free)
- Salmon and Veggie Pasta for Kids
- Green Sorbet
- Damp Almond Cake
- Simple Steamed Salmon
- Spice Cookies
- Cranberry, White Chocolate and Buttermilk Scones
- Chocolate Melting Moments With Peppermint Cream
- Tash's Banana Cake with Maple Buttercream
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Caramilk Delight
- Pot set yoghurt
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)