- 500 g water
- 10 Mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 250 g Prawns, peeled – keep heads and tail for stock and save the flesh for Bechamel-style Sauce
- 300 g Milk
- 50 g white wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 30 g Butter
- 50 g olive oil
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g onion, chopped
- 80 g flour
- 200 g cream
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 200 g Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g sugar
- 70 g Butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 20 g fresh yeast or 1 sachet dry yeast
- 450 g bakers flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large salmon fillet, skinned and de-boned, cut in half lengthways
1h 12minPreparation 47minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place 500g of water into bowl and cook for 5 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
Place cleaned mussels in Varoma dish and set in position. Steam for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
Check if all mussels have opened and discard any broken or unopened. Remove from shells. Set aside to use later in the bechamel sauce.
Step one - Fish stock
Remove the water from the bowl and rinse. Place milk and wine in bowl and place prawn tails and heads inside the steaming basket. Cook for 6mins/100ºC/speed 1–2. Discard prawn pieces and set aside liquid. This is your fish stock.
Step Two – Béchamel-style Sauce
Place garlic into bowl and chop 6 secs/speed 6.
Insert Butterfly. Add butter, oil and mushrooms to bowl and cook 10 mins/Varoma/speed 1. In the last minute of cooking add the reserved prawn flesh.
Strain mixture through TM basket with a container underneath to collect the liquid. Set aside the mushrooms and prawns. Place the drained liquid back into TM bowl.
Add onion and cook for 4minutes/100ºC/speed 4.
Add the flour and cook for 2minutes/90ºC/speed 4.
Add the fish stock, cream, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper. Mix for 10 secs/speed 8. Then cook for 6mins/90ºC/speed 4. Add mussels and prawns back into the mixture and combine with the spatula.
Step Three – Dough
Wash and dry the TM bowl then place the milk, salt, sugar and butter into TM bowl. Cook for 1min/37ºC/speed 2.
Add the egg yolks and the yeast and mix for 10 secs/speed 2.
Add the flour and continue to mix for 15secs/speed 6.
Knead dough for 2mins/
Step Four – Assembly
Divide the dough into two slightly uneven portions (second one bigger as you need extra for decorations). Using baking paper or ThermoMat roll out first portion until it is thin.
Lay one piece of salmon on the centre of the dough, cover with béchamel filling. Then place second piece of salmon on top (like a sandwich). Cover with the second rolled out piece of dough (but save a little bit for decorations) and mould into a fish shape. Make sure the salmon is completely enclosed and sealed with the dough.
Shape the remaining dough into scales, a tail and a head to decorate (refer to the picture page 54).
Brush with beaten egg. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC for 25minutes.
Enjoy and show off to your friends for that special occasion!
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Beetroot Burgers
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Nan's Choc Chip Biscuits
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles