THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 600 g water
- 415 g tinned pink salmon, drained
- 400 g Desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- plain flour, for dusting
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3-4 sprigs basil, leaves only
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 cup baby spinach (approx. 100g)
1. Add lemon zest, mint, parsley and spring onion to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Cover and set aside in refrigerator.
2. Without cleaning the mixing bowl, add water and place potato into simmering basket. Insert basket into mixing bowl and cook 18 mins/Varoma/speed 2. Remove simmering basket using spatula. Set potato aside to cook and discard water. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
3. Add salmon, salt, pepper, reserved herb mixture and reserved potato to mixing bowl and combine 20 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 4, using spatula through hole in mixing lid to help combine. Roll mixture into 8 balls, transfer to plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a ThermoMat or work surface and roll fish balls in flour and flatter gently.
5. Heat half the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook 4 fishcakes for 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a ThermoServer or other large bowl and cover to keep warm. Repeat with 4 remaining cakes.
6. To make the salad, combine capsicum, basil leaves, cherry tomatoes, red wine vinegar, olive oil, capers and baby spinach in a large bowl.
7. To serve, divide fishcakes between 4 plates and serve with the salad.
Accessories you need
Edited recipes from the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Book 2 by Professor Manny Noakes with Dr Peter Clifton with photography by Ian Wallace published by Penguin
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Curried Kumera Soup
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Sous Vide Wagyu Striploin
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef