- 700 g skinless, boneless salmon fillet, cut into 2cm - 3cm cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 300 ml tomato passata
- 300 ml single cream, not the thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon Chopped fresh Coriander
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Sprinkle salt, black pepper, ground tumeric, and cayenne pepper on all sides of the fish and rub them into the fish. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer.
To cook the fish, add oil to mixing bowl. Cook 2 minutes / varoma / speed 1. During the 2 minutes, when temperature reaches varoma, add the whole cumin seeds.
Add all the sauce ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 17 minutes / 120 degree / speed 1.
When sauce is ready, pour into a thermoserver and add the fish cubes. Close lid. Let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes and let the residual heat gently cooks the fish.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with rice.
Accessories you need
I usually warm up the thermoserver during cooking time with some hot water so that the temperature of the sauce doesn't drop too much once poured into the thermoserver.
If you don't have a thermoserver, you can add the salmon pieces into the mixing bowl instead once the sauce has finished cooking and temperature still hot. Give it a stir with the spatula to make sure all the pieces are in the sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- White Fish in Tumeric and Ginger Broth
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- Jen’s Scottish Tattie Scones