- 500 g fish fillet, white firm fish
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 110 g coconut milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 bunch thai basil, (optional)
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 100 g coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop half the fish into 2cm cubes, set aside
Add the remaining fish, curry paste, egg, coconut milk, palm sugar and fish sauce into TM Bowl. Blend 10-20secs/Sp5. Repeat to get a smooth consistency.
Add half the Kaffir Lime Leaves and mix on reverse/10secs/Sp4
In a small bowl, mix coconut cream and rice flour
Put 800g Water into a clean TM Bowl. Start Boiling Water 20mins/Varoma/Sp3
You can make cute little Banana Leaf bowls.
Or you can use a ramekin.
Put your desired bowl in the Varoma.
Place a small handful of thai basil (or any vegetable that you want - cauliflower/bamboo shoots/thinly sliced cabbage/sliced carrots etc) into each bowl
Put a handful of cubed fish in each bowl
Top each bowl with the fish mixture, flatten and level out each bowl
Dollop coconut cream mix and sprinkle remaining kaffir lime leaves on each bowl
Place the Varoma on your TM. Set temperature to 13mins/Varoma/Sp3
Putting it all Together
Accessories you need
You can use other seafood or chunky veggies in place of the fish at the bottom of the bowls. It is a very versatile dish. Also great if you want to steam veggies in the varoma and rice in the TM Bowl for an all in one meal
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Thai Curry Paste 101 (Kaeng Kua)
- Chilli & Kaffir Fish and Prawns with Coconut Lime Rice
- Three Cheese Blinis with Herbed Creme
- Deconstructed White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Eat Your Heart Out Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Cajun Chicken with Truffled Polenta and Guacamole
- Banana & Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Cream Syrup
- Tomato & Thyme Relish