- 2 Red Chillies, deseeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2.5 cm galangal, peeled (or use ginger)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass
- 450 g white fish fillet, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 2 leaves thai or sweet basil
Place red chillies, garlic, shallots, galangal and lemongrass into mixing bowl and blend 1 min/speed 6 to work ingredients into a paste.
Remove mixture from mixing bowl and place in a heat proof bowl.
Add the basil and fish sauce and stir fish into the mixture.
Fill TM bowl with 900g of water.
Place heat proof bowl containing fish mixture into the Varoma dish.
Steam for 15 min/Varoma temperature/speed 2.
Accessories you need
Galangal is slightly harder than ginger, used in the same way, but with a more lemon flavour.
This dish can be served with steamed jasmine rice.
If you are looking to add more colour to the dish, you can garnish the dish with de-seeded, shredded red chillis and coriander before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- King Neptune Pie
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- Prawn Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Lemongrass & Turmeric Fish - HCG Compiant
- Variation Thick and Creamy Garlic Prawns
- Our Favorite Salmon All-in-one meal!
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties
- Tuna and Butter Bean fishcakes
- Tuna Mornay
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs