- 1 clove garlic
- 2 centimetres fresh ginger
- 2 Long red chillis
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 fillets Salmon, skin off
- 500 grams water
- 1 lime, quartered
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add garlic, ginger, Kaffir lime leaves & chilli to the bowl. Chop 3 seconds/speed 7.
2. Add lemongrass, fish sauce, sesame oil & spring onions. Mix 5 seconds/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 3.
3. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
4. Add water to bowl.
5. Place varoma in position with tray.
6. Wet & ring out a sheet of baking paper. Line varoma tray with baking paper, leaving the wholes on the edge uncovered.
7. Place salmon fillets on varoma tray and cover with reserved sauce. Top with lime wedges.
8. Cover varoma & steam 13 minutes/varoma/speed 2.
Serve with a fresh Asian salad or your favourite steamed veges (which can be steamed in the varoma dish while steaming the salmon).
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dill Sauce
- Steamed Octopus with punched potatoes and green beans
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Passionfruit Slice
- Sandwhich Bread
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Strawberry jelly slice
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Hearty Mince and Macaroni Casserole
- Anzac Biccies
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw