- 500 grams Beef mince
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in 1 cup water
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, large, chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup Frozen or Fresh Peas
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 2 basmati rice, 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 --- water, (cups)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the onion, garlic, carrot to the Thermomix and chop 3 seconds Speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 30g olive and saute 4 minutes, 120 C Speed 1.
Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes, 120 C, Speed 1. Set this 'salsa' aside in a separate dish. Place the beef mince in the bowl with 20g of olive oil. Cook 3 minutes, 120 C, reverse speed .
Once cooked, add the 'salsa' back to the bowl, add the cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper and the soaked raisins and a little of the raisin water. (you can add more water if it seems too dry. Insert Simmering basket. Cook 15 minutes, 90 C, reverse speed . Add the peas and chopped hard boiled egg, salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, use a ramkin or similar heat-proof dish to create a rice tower. Place a layer of rice at the bottom, then layer of the meat filling and lastly, cover with another layer of rice. flip the ramkin onto a plate and garnish with coriander.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a sauce pan. Lightly saute the shallot. When shallot is translucent, add the rice and saute for 1 minute. Add 3 3/4 cup water plus 1 teaspoon salt. Allow to come to a boil with lid off. Once water is boiling, reduce heat, cover and let simmer until all the water is absorbed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Pomegranate Juice
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Breakfast Müsli in a Jar
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Cashew oat drink
- Tuna Dip
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters