- 100 g Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 stalk Celery, roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 40 g olive oil
- 500 g Beef mince, (I used rump steak minced in TM)
- 80 g basmati rice
- 20 g soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp curry powder, I used garam masala from EDC
- 1-2 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock paste
- 700 g Boiling water
- 1/4 - 1/2 cabbage, finely shredded
Add rice vermicelli to bowl and chop on speed 7 for 5 seconds. Set aside.
(If making mince in TM, do this now, and set aside).
Add celery, carrots, onion, garlic and zucchini to bowl. Chop for 4 seconds on speed 5.
Add olive oil and saute for 6 minutes/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Speed 2.
Add mince and saute for 6 minutes/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients, except cabbage, to bowl. Place shredded cabbage into Varoma dish and place Varoma on top.
Cook for 15 minutes/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Speed 2.
Stir cabbage through meat mixture before serving.
This is similar to the recipe I used to make without my Thermomix. I used this recipe as a guide for cooking times, etc: //www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=7032.0
Beef Chow Mein
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Savoury Bites
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- Mince Chow Mein with Pumpkin
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce