- 2 Brown Onions, halved
- 4 cloves garlic
- 100 grams bacon roughly chopped
- 30 grams olive oil
- 80 grams plain flour
- 700 grams Rump Steak or Gravy Beef
- 300 grams Guiness beer
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 level teaspoons dried thyme, or 2 sprigs of fresh
- 1 tablespoon stock paste, Any flavour
- 40 grams tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestshire Sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste, (approx 1 tsp salt and 1/2 of pepper)
- 1 Carrot (sliced)
- 200 grams Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 stick Celery
- 1 heaped tablespoon cornflour, (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onion,garlic and bacon 4 seconds/speed 4. Add oil and saute 3mins/100degrees/speed 1
Add flour and cook 1 minute/100degrees/speed 1
Add all ingredients except for cornflour and cook 40mins/100degrees/speed 1 with MC on
Taste test and add more seasoning as required. Mix cornflour with a small amount of water and add. Cook for a further 20 mins/100 degrees/speed 1 also with MC on
Allow to cool slightly if using for pie filling or else place in thermoserver whilst making mashed potatoes or dumplings to serve
Accessories you need
Vegetables can be varied to suit what you have on hand.
If you do not wish to chop veggies by hand and are not too worried about having them chunky, they can be chopped in step 1. along with the onions and garlic.
Omit the cornflour if a runnier stew is desired
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Decadent caramel apple pie
- Speckled Egg Easter Biscuits
- Pistachio Chilli Prawns
- Chicken Strudel
- No Mush Shepherds Pie
- Chocolate M&M Fudge biscuits
- CHOCOLATE STICKY DATE PUDDING
- Best Ever Shepherds Pie
- KFC Style Coleslaw
- Easy Satay Beef Stir Fry
- Cauliflower, Bacon & Parmesan Quiche