- 8 cardamom pod
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 centimetre ginger, stem, equivalent to a tablespoon
- 1 stalks lemongrass, white section
- 6-8 chilli, fresh, use long red chilli and modify to personal taste
- 8 shallots
- 16 clove garlic
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp curry paste, massaman, to taste
- 1 cans coconut milk
- 750 g Beef, diced 3 cm cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced in 1cm slice
- 4 potatoes, steamed and diced
- 1 cans pineapple pieces, drained from juice
- 2 heaped tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tbsp Smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- Add a dash of olive oil, cardamom pods, cummin seed, ground nutmeg toast 5 min/Varoma/speed 1. Grind 1 min/speed 8. Set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chillis, lemongrass and shallots to the bowl and blend 30 sec / speed 10.
- Scrape down sides and lid of mixing bowl with spatula. Saute 8 mins /120 degrees / speed 1.
- combine the dried spices, salt, fish sauce and blend 1 min/speed 10.
- remove and place in a steralised jar in fridge until ready to use. Can also be frozen.
- Use the Browned Beef Cubes (medium) recipe from Cookidoo to brown the beef in 3 batches.
Place oil and 1/2 the curry paste in mixing bowl then heat 2 min/100°C/speed and then return the beef to the bowl.
- Add carrots, cocunut milk, peanuts, peanut paste, oyster sauce and tamrind 20 min/95°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 0.5. Add Potatos and then 30 min/95°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 0.5. You want the beef to be tender and soft when pressed with a fork. Test and cook for extra 10 mins if beef not soft on push of back of fork.
- Transfer curry into bowl add pineapple.
Beef Massaman Curry
Accessories you need
adjust the amount of chilli you add to your paste and the amount of paste to your beef curry as required.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins