- 500g skinless chicken thighs
- 150g unsweetend yogurt
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- seeds from 3 cardamon pods
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 40 g cashew nuts
- 1 tsp samba oelek
- 100 g tomato paste
- 250 g coconut cream /milk
- 250 g chicken stock or water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the chicken and all the marinade ingredients in a glass dish—stir through and set aside for an hour.
Add cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cloves and cardamom seeds in Thermomix. Dry roast for 6 minutes /speed 1 Varoma. Blend spices 1 minute speed 9– to form a coarse powder. Remove from Thermomix bowl.
Put onion in Thermomix bowl and process speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl—add oil and sauté 2 minutes /Varoma speed 2.Add Dry roasted spice and gara masala. Saute 2 Minutes Varoma / Speed 2
Add cashews and process speed 7 /15 seconds to from a paste. Add reamining ingredients and Cook 15 minutes/ Varoma speed 3.
Blend 20 seconds/ speed 8.
While sauce is cooking sauté chicken thighs in a large non stick frypan. This will take 6– 7 minutes. It is best to sauté whole thighs and before adding sauce remove and cut into bite sized pieces.
Add Sauce to chicken on stove top and continue cooking on low heat for 10 minutes
This meal can be cooked in 35 minutes—by making the sauce in the Thermomix and transferring to cook on the stove top while the rice and veges are then cooked in the Thermomix
To serve sprinkle with toasted cashew nuts.
I double the quantity of sauce and freeze half of it for another time
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Easy Cheats Chicken and Vegetable Pie Filling
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Coconut and cashew chicken
- Black Bean & Wild Rice Polenta Wedges
- Crunchy Carrot Falafel
- New Zealand Winter Salad
- Lentil Patties, Horseradish Mash & Caramelised onions
- Coconut Yogurt - automated
- Chicken Massaman
- Orzo Basil Salad
- Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Blueberry and Coconut Cake
- Mango Dream
- Hazelnut Plum Friand
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup