- 1 brown onion
- 2 leeks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 grams olive oil
- 20 grams Butter
- 6 to 8 Chicken thigh fillets, skin off, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 200 grams chicken or vegetable stock
- 250 grams pure cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 egg
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Make two portions of the Thermomix Shortcrust Pastry recipe from the Basic Cookbook and divide into portions large or small enough for the pie tins you will be using.
In this recipe, I made 6 small pies and one large pie. This included the pastry base and top.
Chop leek into 2-3 cm portions.
Place onion, leek, garlic and herbs into the bowl. Chop speed 6 for 6 seconds. Check and chop again if required.
Place butter, oil in the bowl and saute Varoma speed 1 for 4 minutes.
Place the chicken, cream, stock, parmesan and mustard into the bowl and cook on 100 speed 1 for 10 minutes.
Allow the filling to cool while you roll out the shortcrust pastry.
Place pastry into the base of your pie dish and fill with chicken and leek mixture. Place another layer of pastry on top. Pinch sides, or you can tuck in the pastry as per my photo and brush with egg wash.
Prick two to three holes in the top of the pies and bake in 180 degree oven until brown on top - approximately 20 minutes depending on your oven.
Accessories you need
You will need a rolling pin and pie tins.
I place my small pie tins on an oven tray to make it easier to put in and out of the oven.
These pies can be frozen.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Curried mince with rice
- Chicken in Cream mushroom sauce
- Marinated Spicy Pork Ribs
- Variation Variation Variation Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Variation Variation Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Variation Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Satay Chicken in Hurry
- Potato bake
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Variation Mixed Berry Jam for TM 5
- Coffee Bar Cake
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*
- Macadamia & White Choc Cookies
- Supersize Hamburger
- Paleo Banana and Blueberry Bread
- Lactation cookies
- Mini monsters