- 4 portions chicken thighs, with fat cut off, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 30 grams Sunflower, Macadamia or Olive OIl
- 3 Medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 tomatoes, fresh, halved then sliced
- 2.5 centimetre cinnamon stick
- 2 brown or black cardamom pods
- 4 black peppercorns, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 5 grams grated fresh root ginger
- 5 grams crushed garlic
- 5 grams garam masala
- 5 grams chilli powder
- 5 grams salt
- 30 grams plain (natural) yoghurt
- 60 grams lemon juice
- 30 grams cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 fresh green chillies, chopped
Classic Balti Chicken is delicious - but also has as much fat per serving as a Big Mac! It's usually cooked with chicken pieces, skin on, and fried until golden brown. In this case we're using boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead; you won't get the deep colour of a classic Balti Chicken but you will taste the glorious mix of spices.
Firstly use the turbo button to chop up your ginger and garlic. Remove from bowl and keep aside.
Chop your onions on speed 5 for only a couple of seconds. You don't want them too finely minced.
Add the oil and cook on 100 degrees, for five minutes.
Add the piece of cinnamon stick, cardamoms, peppercorns, cumin seed, ginger, garlic, garam masala, chilli powder and salt.
Cook on 100 degrees for 4 minutes.
Add the chicken pieces and tomatoes and cook on 100 degrees, , speed 1 for seven minutes.
Add the yoghurt, cook on 100 degrees, , speed 1 for seven minutes.
Add the lemon juice, coriander and green chillies, and serve immediately over boiled basmati rice.
Chicken curry with Balti sauce
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken