- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds, can use ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds, can use ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 12 pods Cardamon, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 80 grams olive oil
- 2 onions, brown, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 centimetres ginger, peeled
- 2 Red Chillies, long
- 1000 grams chicken, thigh cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste, with one cup of water
- 10 dates, pitted
- 80 grams honey
- 35 grams almonds, slivered
- 1/3 fresh coriander leaves chopped, cup
- 3 Couscous to serve, cups
- 20 grams Butter
Recipe is created for
Add almond slivers dry roast 8min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed1. Remove and set aside.
Add spices (accept 2 cinnamon sticks) to TM bowl mill 1 min/speed 9.
Add milled spice mixture and saute 2 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add chicken and cinnamon sticks 5 min/100C/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1. Add water and stock. Continue to cook chicken 15min/100C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed1.
Add 3 cups of cous cous into varoma dish on scrunched up wet baking paper (making sure vents on the side of varoma are still open). Add dates and honey 10 min/100C"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
Remove the varoma and pour cous cous into a Thermoserver bowl. Add 20g butter and stir with a fork.
Remove Cinnamon sticks. Add almonds and coriander leaves mix 10sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 5. Pour into a 2.5L Thermoserver bowl to server.
Accessories you need
This recipe has a lot of spices but tastes delicious.
Stock - add two tablespoons of vegetable stock paste and one cup of water. The chicken contains water and will add moisture.
Optional add vegetables to Thermoserver dish when cooking your cous cous.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Sous Vide Wagyu Striploin
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken