- 2 chorizo sausages, (about 310 g), cut lengthways into halves and then into 1cm slices
- 40 g olive oil
- 600 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips (about 1 cm x 5 cm)
- 1 brown onion, (about 140 g) cut into halves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded
- 1 red capsicum, (150 g) deseeded and roughly chopped
- 70 g tomato paste
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, Drained
- 250 g liquid beef stock (see tips)
Place chorizo and 20g of the oil into mixing bowl and cook 6 min/100°C//speed 1 with measuring cup removed and simmering basket on mixing bowl lid. Set aside.
Place remaining 20g oil and chicken strips into mixing bowl and cook 10min/100°C//. Set aside with the chorizo.
Place brown onion, garlic clove, long red chilli and red capsicum into mixing bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then repeat blending 5 sec/speed 10.
Add tomato paste, canned tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook 13 min/Varoma/speed 2 with measuring cup removed and simmering basket on mixing bowl lid.
Add cooked chorizo and chicken, cannellini beans and all remaining ingredients and cook 15 min/100°C// with measuring cup removed and simmering basket on mixing bowl lid. Transfer to a ThermoServer and allow to rest of five minutes before serving
The original recipe (Chicken and Chorizo Stew) was very similar to a recipe my father in law used to cook. My children thought there was nothing better than Grandad's chicken and beans, especially served with fresh sourdough olive bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.